Sunday, March 30, 2014

Swatch Comparison Sunday - Mint

Happy Sunday! 
Sunday means yet another swatch comparison post.

 Today I decided to go along the mint theme.

Here's the polishes I compared:

Here we have

China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer
Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet
China Glaze At Vase Value
Pure Ice Home Run

and on my nails:


Starting with Highlight Of My Summer, which is a neon mint polish (if that makes sense).
I used two coats for this swatch. This is from last year's summer collection which got a lot of hate for the formulas. Personally, this polish is do-able for me. It is streaky, but nothing worse than any other neon I've used. As you can see it dries to kind of a rubbery finish. This is forever one of my favorite polishes.

Next is Mint Sorbet which is your basic mint polish. I feel like every girl should own a bottle of this polish, it's a staple. (Especially for $2.50!) I used two coats for this swatch. I pretty much wanted to show how bright Highlight Of My Summer was compared to the average mint polish.

Next is At Vase Value (yes, again!) I wanted to compare this to the polish on my pinky (Home Run) which I thought was the closest polish I had to it. I used three coats for this swatch. This polish is kind of streaky but it's totally worth it because it's gorgeous. 

Lastly is Home Run. I use this polish so often because it's the perfect minty turquoise. I'm actually surprised by how close in color it is to Mint Sorbet. This swatch is two coats. Oh and the formula is wonderful. Another one of my faves.

I hope this was helpful! 
You can view week one here and week two here.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment