Saturday, February 15, 2014

OPI Push and Shove - Swatch

Happy Weekend! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

Today (as my title reads) I have swatches of Push and Shove, a silver chrome polish from the Gwen Stefani collection.

I'm going to start by saying that I RARELY buy polish from new collections. I usually wait until they go on sale. This polish, however, was very different for me. 

I'm going to be very real with this and say that I don't think there's any polishes out there right now that are even comparable to this polish. 

Enough talking though, let me show you what this polish actually looks like.




To be sure that I captured the amazing-ness of this polish I took a lot of pictures!


Now, I have heard a lot of bad things about this polish regarding the formula. Myself, I honestly had no problems with the formula. The first coat was somewhat difficult but it definitely evened out with three thin coats. If you are using this polish, you need to be sure you allow each coat to dry. 


Now this polish comes with a special base coat you are supposed to use with it. It's called Lay Down That Base. Despite this, however, the polish still costs the same as regular OPI's. 

Anyway, I took other nail artists' word for it and used this instead of any other base coat. I've heard that with any other base, the polish doesn't work as well. Maybe you'll have to try that for yourself. 

(some outside shots!)
I mean look at that finish! You can see me in my nails taking the picture. Nothing is cooler than that.

One more thing about this polish, the box claims that it's for one night wear only and it is not to be used with top coat. For me, that's difficult because I never leave off top coat. I tried top coat on my pinky nail on my right hand and I do think it dulled the chrome finish just a tad. So I left it off completely on my left hand.

The strange thing is that even without top coat this polish lasted just as long as any other polishes I have with top coat. By the second day my nails looked exactly the same. I believe I kept this polish on for almost a week and the wear wasn't any worse than with any other polishes I have. 


Last shot! You can pretty much see my whole backyard in the reflection in my nails.

I hope you enjoyed this post. It felt good to be able to write so much in a blog post again. 

This polish retails for about $9. I bought mine at Ulta.

Until next time, 




1 comment: