Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Shark Week Nail Art

Happy Wednesday! and happy Shark Week on Discovery Channel! 

Last year was my first time painting sharks for shark week and I decided to do it again. 
This was last year's design:


At the time I was pretty proud of these because boy are realistic animals difficult to paint!

Now here's this year's design:



This design was 100% inspired by Kelly of Base Coat-Top Coat. I absolutely love everything she does and this set on her Instagram page was the best.


Everything in this set is hand painted. 

For the two shark silhouette nails, I started with a gradient of Essie School of Hard Rocks and Bobbing for Baubles. Then I painted a few random white lines and the outlines of the sharks in white acrylic paint.

On the other nails I did a gradient of Revlon Trade Winds (really gorgeous nude polish!) and Sally Hansen Jungle Gem (as seen in photo below) and then painted white lines with acrylic paint to imitate water. 
On my index I used beads, rhinestones and pearls from Born Pretty and a starfish charm from Daily Charme.
On my middle I painted the shark mouth using acrylic paint. and finally on my pinky I painted the tooth with acrylic paint.


Let me know what you think of these! Do you like Shark Week? 

Until next time, 
Celine

1 comment: