Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tie Dye nails + Tutorial

I'm a bit behind posting these but I wanted to wait until I posted the tutorial so I could make one complete post. 

Anyway here's my rainbow tie dye nails! 

I did a very similar design last year for my birthday (see photo below) but I wanted to paint them again because they're so fun and bright.


Look at that photo taking skill progress in a years time! haha




For this design I used A LOT of polishes. They are listed below as well as shown in my video tutorial.

Wet n Wild French White Creme (white base)
Island Girl Diamond Head Breeze (pink)
China Glaze Sun Worshipper (orange)
Orly Key Lime Twist (yellow) (holding in the photos)
China Glaze Treble Maker (green)
China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle (blue/teal)
China Glaze That's Shore Bright (purple)
Island Girl Plain Glow In the Dark

and here's the tutorial I made for this design. It's pretty similar to the red white and blue tie dye design I did for the Fourth of July but I decided to make a tutorial for this design as well to show how to make all of the colors fit properly.


Since these nails are so bright, I had a lot of fun with them under the black light as well.



This was a pretty weak black light bulb but the photo below was taken under a blue/black light in an aquarium and I thought my nails looked so cool!


and lastly, the picture below shows the design with the glow in the dark top coat. Not too special or amazing but I always get excited when the lights go off and my nails are glowing.


PS I've had this Island Girl Plain Glow in the Dark topcoat and it's my favorite of all time! If you ever get the chance to purchase it, definitely do. Unfortunately Island Girl is only available in Hawaii and Las Vegas though (to the best of my knowledge).

That's it for today's post! 

Celine


1 comment: