Monday, June 24, 2013

Anchor Nail Art Part II Tutorial

As you might recall, yesterday I posted these nails.



As I mentioned, I did make a pictorial for the anchor, so here we go.


I used this picture for reference. You may find it helpful to look at this while doing your nails.

STEP ONE:

Paint a base color. I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls


STEP TWO:

Using a thin brush, paint almost a cross shape. This is the basis of your anchor.


STEP THREE:

Add the circles at the top and the hooky things at the bottom. 
(wow that was the worst explanation ever. Hopefully you know what I mean)


STEP FOUR:

Paint thin lines in to add shading. They don't have to be perfect.


STEP FIVE:

This is where I begin to paint the roses. It's difficult to show, so this video is extremely helpful and is exactly how I do my roses.


STEP SIX:

Paint leaves with a light green.
I believe the video in the link above shows how to do leaves as well, but I included them in my steps anyway.

STEP SEVEN:

Paint darker green inside the leaves.


STEP EIGHT:

Add the different colors into the roses (again watch the video, I'm serious) 
Topcoat your design and you're done!


I really hope you guys try this! 
Here's a simple version:
 Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment