Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Peacock Nails Pictorial

One of the first pictorials I made was for a peacock design. Let me just say, it was really bad and dark. Actually most of the like 4 pictorials I've made are bad, so I'm going to try and redo them all. So, here is my totally new, redone peacock nail design. 

STEP ONE: 
Paint a base color. I used Essie's Navigate Her.


STEP TWO:
Use a thin brush and black paint/polish, make short strokes to create the feather. 


STEP THREE:
Again, use a thin brush. Paint short strokes with golden paint/polish. 


STEP FOUR:
Repeat step one, over the gold paint. (This step is just so the colors blend together nicely)


STEP FIVE:
Paint a small, gold oval toward the end of the feather.


STEP SIX:
Repeat step five, but with light blue paint/polish.


STEP SEVEN: 
Finally, paint a dark blue "C" shape inside the light blue.


I hope this was somewhat helpful. If you try this, let me know, I would love to see! 
Oh yeah, and here's a simplified version: 

No comments:

Post a Comment