Sunday, March 24, 2013

Summer Nails Pictorial

I really enjoy doing Pictorials because honestly I hate talking on camera, and this is an easy way to show people without having to awkwardly talk. So I made a pictorial on "Summer/Spring Break nails"
Here is a more detailed version than the one on Instagram.

First, I started by painting a white base color. This isn't necessary, but it helps make the colors brighter.
Next, I used a makeup sponge to sponge the red polish on. If you do not know how to execute the gradient sponge technique, there's tons of videos on Youtube showing how. Here's a really good one. And here's another. Hopefully that helps.
To do gradients, I usually cut the sponge and use a very small piece for each color. I use tweezers to hold the sponge and it works pretty well. Here's a picture to show you what I mean. 
Next, I sponged on the orange polish. 
After that, I used black polish and painted the tip of the nail. It doesn't need to be a perfect french tip or anything, the more imperfect it is, the better. 
Next, I painted a thin line for the trunk of the palm tree. It should be a bit thicker toward the bottom. 
After that, I painted five, thin lines coming from the trunk to make the bases of the leaves. Five is a good amount, any more than that will look too messy. 
Lastly, I painted short lines coming from the base of the leaves. Add a top coat, and you're done! 

Here's a simplified picture.

Thanks for reading! 
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment